Welcome to Golden Surrogacy! Our Founder & Program Director, Frank Golden was once in your shoes as an Intended Parent. He utilizes his previous experience to guide every journey as if you were a member of his own family. Helping others become parents through surrogacy is very personal and close to his heart. Frank is by far the most hands-on agency owner you will encounter. Every client receives his full and undivided attention.
Below, Frank has outlined the process by compiling a simple and easy-to-follow guide for what you can expect through our program. His goal is to make your experience as stress-free as possible while you prepare for your new life as a parent.
Also, please remember to visit the About page to discover our wonderful team here at Golden Surrogacy!
- Read through our website to compile a list of questions that you may have
- Contact Us for a 40-60 min phone consultation with the Program Director, Frank Golden
- Click “Apply” located on our website (to the left of this page)
- Login to complete your Intended Parent profile
- Sign the Retainer Agreement, Escrow Fund Agreement, Submit Agency Fee
- Background check and financial verification in conducted
- Psychological Consultation will be scheduled
If all checks and evaluations were a Pass we move on to the Matching stage, which includes:
- We will begin to recruit and hand-select Surrogate candidates who meet your specific criteria
- Surrogate candidates will be pre-screened and their profiles will be presented to you
- Matching Conference call with potential Surrogate
- Surrogate’s psychological assessment, background & credit check
- Meet potential Surrogate!
- Confirm Surrogate match
- Confirm Egg Donor match (If applicable)
The Screening process includes: (This step will not apply to Intended Parents who already have frozen embryos)
- Medical screening for Intended Parents (If not previously completed)
- Medical screening for Gestational Surrogate
- Medical screening for Egg Donor & psychological assessment (If applicable)
- Sperm sample is collected & frozen at the time of medical screening per FDA guidelines
- Legal consult & drafting of Gestational Surrogacy contract
- Sign Gestational Surrogacy contract
- Egg Donor contract drafted and signed (If applicable)
- Attorney will provide a legal letter of clearance to the clinic so that all procedures may commence
- Fund escrow in accordance with the contracts for Gestational Surrogate and Egg Donor
- The Gestational Surrogate & Egg Donor will be instructed to begin taking fertility medication
- The fertility clinic will determine an egg retrieval date based on the Surrogate & Donor’s progress
- Following the egg retrieval, sperm and eggs will be combined to create embryos
- Embryo transfer date will be selected based on the embryo development (3 or 5 day transfer)
- 14 days after the transfer the clinic will confirm pregnancy via blood test
- Voila! You’re pregnant and well on your way to becoming parents!
Please Note: If you already have frozen embryos the time-frame will move more quickly as steps which involve an Egg Donor would not apply to your journey.
The remainder of the process will consist of our Program Director, Frank Golden tracking the pregnancy very closely, ensuring checkup appointments are being conducted, that your Surrogate is fulfilling contractual obligations, and timely payments of escrow funds. Overall, Frank will be in constant contact with both Intended Parents and Surrogate to ensure a harmonious and pleasant experience! Frank never puts his cell phone down and is always available via phone, text, or email. He truly goes out of his way to be readily available whenever you need him. He is known for being called “johnny on-the-spot” and lives up to this nickname with every new case. Urgency through strong service and support are at the forefront of how Frank leads his team at Golden Surrogacy.
During the second trimester, we follow-up with the attorney to initiate the process of establishing birthrights, also referred to as procuring the PBO. (pre-birth order) We also reach out to the hospital where the birth is to take place and inform their staff of the impending surrogacy delivery. Intended Parents will most likely be accommodated with a private room for them and their new baby.
Hopefully this outline has been concise and easy to understand. Upon acceptance into our agency, Frank will guide you every step of the way. We look forward to having the honor and privilege of assisting you with your very special journey through surrogacy!